Earlier today, I opened about how among the more unsafe elements in the video game – the braindance series – was by the way developed in such a way that doctor utilize to set off seizures for diagnostic functions. That style triggered me a grand mal seizure, which influenced me to compose a little guide about how epileptics and neurologically delicate gamers might browse around that and still take pleasure in Night City. Since then, I’ve consulted with CDPR in combination with the Epilepsy of Foundation about how a little modification can make a big distinction. With the brand-new Cyberpunk 2077 upgrade, that modification is shown within the brand-new spot notes.
The epilepsy repair:
The spot keeps in mind address several problems, consisting of mission bugs, however here is the part that takes on the braindance series particularly:
“Modified the flashing impact on braindances to minimize the threat of causing epileptic signs. The impact has actually been smoothed out and the flashes decreased in frequency and magnitude.”
This is a big win for both the market and players due to the fact that these modifications to make video games much safer do not need to suggest that overall elimination like numerous presume. This is work I’ve been providing for years and to see studios react proficiently and kindly implies the outright world.
The remainder of the upgrade:
Here is what else CD Projekt RED resolved in their most current update:
- Fixed a concern with finishing the last goal in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed a concern with beginning discussion with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected an unusual problem with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme mission was deserted mid-way.
- Fixed a concern with Nix not entering into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed problems obstructing development in I Fought The Law if the mission location is left.
- Fixed failure to discover Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed problems connected to staying in the 2nd stage of the mission after ending up Pacifica battle with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed problems with time and space resulting from leaving the mission area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed a concern with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with mission being blocked upon leaving the quest location before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other mission fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed problems with animations missing from important mission NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed a concern with missing out on PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.
A major thank you to the studio for addressing this swifty and incredibly kindly throughout our interactions. This is big and thousands value it. For more on epilepsy and how to secure yourself, you can have a look at more right here through the Epilepsy Foundation to get more information.