If you have an interest in signing up with the Game Informer household we have 2 full-time positions offered: Associate Editor and Junior Developer. Before sending your résumé, please understand a couple of things:
- Relocation is not instantly required, however we would enjoy it if you joined us at our head office in Minnesota in the future.
- The Associate Editor position needs substantial computer game understanding. Please consist of a cover letter and composing samples. If you have actually released deal with other websites, you can utilize those links. Otherwise, please consist of composing samples as .pdf accessories.
- We are trying to find a Junior Developer to join our skilled Production group, working mostly on site and digital publication applications.
We usually get a frustrating quantity of résumés, so this procedure might take some time. Keep this in mind if you don’t hear back from us immediately.
Working with basic guidance, the Associate Editor works as among the main material developers for Game Informer, Game Informer Digital, and Game Informer Online. As such, partners need to show fluency throughout all the video game platforms and develop distinct news, sneak peek, evaluation, and function content. Principle responsibilities include writing, proofreading, conceptualizing stories, maintaining a social media presence, and appearing on podcasts, video shows, and streams. The role requires occasional travel, both domestically and internationally, and occasional night/weekend work. The associate editor may interact with their supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Produce written news, sneak peek, review, and function content for Game Informer, Game Informer Digital, and Game Informer Online.
- Work with editors to develop creative function material and become a better writer/editor.
- Travel to publishers, developers, events, and conventions to create content.
- Meet daily and monthly magazine and website deadlines.
- Proofread magazine and online features.
- Develop an on-air personality for podcasts, videos, and streams.
Basic And Preferred Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in English, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Three years of experience writing and editing material for a magazine, newspaper, or other form of print journalism/media.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of productivity programs, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written forms.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written information, including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Expert knowledge of video games on all platforms, including consoles, handhelds, PCs, mobile, and tablets.
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints, including meeting short-term deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Game Informer policies and procedures, including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical duties.
How To Apply
Working with general supervision, the Junior Developer works with the Production staff for Game Informer Online and Game Informer Digital. The primary focus is on the code base, developing to client and company specifications. Seeking a candidate with experience in Drupal 8/9 development and customization. Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills are essential.
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, And Abilities
- College degree (Associates or Bachelors) from an accredited program in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- A natural problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work on a team
- Results-oriented, reliable, able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Writing and keeping code
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and work independently
- Continuous understanding of current and emerging web technologies
- Experience creating and modifying Drupal modules and themes, and performing Drupal site structure work
- Experience incorporating open source and third-party applications into existing systems